2017 National Homebrewers Conference

This topic contains 9 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by Tony Schubert Tony Schubert 2 months, 1 week ago.

• Author
    Matt Melcher
    Matt Melcher
    Participant

As we have discussed, the 2017 NHC is happening just north of us in Minneapolis June 15th-17th (Thursday through Saturday).

Homebrewcon2017

I strongly urge everyone make every effort to attend this event – it’s awesome. Get your homebrew geek on with a few thousand fellow homebrewers.

First thing – you must be a member of the American Homebrewers Association.

Second – well I’m sure there are other things, so I created this thread. If you have questions, knowledge, or any thoughts regarding this event, post them here.

More to follow…

Tony Schubert
    Tony Schubert
    Keymaster

Here is the handbook for entering beers into the 2017 National Homebrew Competition. It should be everything you need to know when, where, how and why of entering beer into this years competition. Pay close attention! The window for registration is Jan 30th – Feb 5 You do not need to know what beers you are entering at that time. Just reserve your spot.

https://s3-us-west-2.amazonaws.com/homebrewassoc/wp-content/uploads/2016-NHC-Entrant-Handbook.pdf

Matt Melcher
    Matt Melcher
    Participant

The 39th annual AHA National Homebrewers Conference—aka Homebrew Con—will return to Minneapolis, June 15-17, 2017.

Conference registration opens Tuesday, March 7 at 10:00 AM.

What to do in the meantime:

Join the American Homebrewers Association if you’re not a member.

If you are going with a spouse they also need to be members of the AHA.

Tony Schubert
    Tony Schubert
    Keymaster

Club night! Maybe we should start another forum for this too but we are registered to serve the max of 20 beers at Club night. I assume this is a max for the cold storage prior to the event and if we had additional kegs it might be ok….

We do have 17 taps on jockey boxes and I’m not sure what the mobile stand is going to hold but time will tell.

I would like to get a count once we get closer to the date of who is bringing what. So we can make some signage and so everyone has a chance to serve something.
    Post any ideas or comments here or on Facebook!

Zack Rice
    Zack Rice
    Keymaster

Have you guys gotten a list of people attending from the club and what they’re bringing yet? I am already set to attend the conference myself and would be more than happy to bring a keg or two.

Tony Schubert
    Tony Schubert
    Keymaster

Nothing yet. I know Aaron and myself are brewing a Janet’s Brown clone this weekend that we are going to bring. I’ll have to see what I have ready by the time of the conference but I will probably bring at least one wild ale. Feel free to post what you are thinking about bringing and we can start the discussion!

Zack Rice
    Zack Rice
    Keymaster

Tony,

Did we as individuals need to order anymore Grogtags so that we can tag all of our kegs for both Club night and the Social Hour? I thought i remembered you saying you got 20 Ordered for Club night already.

Tony Schubert
    Tony Schubert
    Keymaster

Yes, I ordered 20 for club night and 20 for social hour. I think we will need a few more for social hour looking at the list but we should be able to get them a the check in

Michael McCallister
    Michael McCallister
    Participant

I’m bringing a couple kegs how do I get tags from you for them? We’ll probably be arriving about 4pm.

Tony Schubert
    Tony Schubert
    Keymaster

We will be in around then too. My # is 5157294858. They have tags there too. Text me what youre bringing asap so I can get the sheet updated for the large sign. I think I have you down with a cider saison and belgian. Let me know if its different and we will see you up there!

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.