Yeast Swap

Home Forums General Yeast Swap

This topic contains 4 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by Bryan Hufford Bryan Hufford 4 days, 4 hours ago.

• Author
    Bryan Hufford
    Bryan Hufford
    Participant

Would anyone be interested in doing yeast swaps? Since I have been harvesting my yeast lately, it got me thinking about trading strains with other members who are doing the same. Would be a fun way to try various strains without having to go out and buy a variety of different strains.

Anyway, just a thought I wanted to throw out there. Let me know if any of you would be interested!

Chester Smith
    Chester Smith
    Keymaster

Good idea! Maybe next club meeting we can bring whatever yeast we have to share and our own empty sterilized jars. By then I should have harvested some WY3726 Farmhouse Ale and some WY1450 Denny’s Favorite 50.

Bart Brandon
    bart brandon
    Participant

I’m in. I’ll bring a couple vials to the next meeting.

Bryan Hufford
    Bryan Hufford
    Participant

Awesome! I’ve most got Chico at the moment, but might have some Mangrove Jack Empire Ale that I’ll be pulled off a milk stout this weekend.

Bryan Hufford
    Bryan Hufford
    Participant

Hey guys – Unfortunately, I can’t make the meeting tonight. Had some electrical issues with the house and have an electrician coming out this evening. I’ll definitely have a variety of better yeast to bring to the Christmas party, so if you have anything to swap at that time, post up and let me know!

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.